||Graduation with a degree in chemical engineering.
|Work in industry, employment in research and development in Switzerland and abroad.
||Setting up of a chemical analysis laboratory for quality control purposes and in addition setting up of one of
the first certified quality management systems in accordance with the Swiss regulations at that time.
||Assignment to set up the Swiss accreditation system and the Swiss Accreditation Service SAS,
which was soon ranked among the first internationally recognised accreditation bodies.
|until 31 December 2011
||Head of the Swiss Accreditation Service SAS, today part of the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO).
During this time, intensive international contacts in the areas of accreditation and conformity assessment (testing,
|Many years’ membership of the board of the European Cooperation for Accreditation EA, which coordinates important
work in the area of accreditation and conformity assessment on behalf of the EU and EFTA and in the International
Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation ILAC.
|During this time, regular further training in the areas of organisational development, management,
staff leadership and in testing and conformity assessment.
|since 1 January 2012
||As an independent entrepreneur after reaching retirement age:
Working as a consultant and trainer in the fields of management, organisational development (OD),
conformity assessment and risk management. Important projects:
- Training in the field of Accreditation within the framework of a Swiss project to support Serbian agriculture
- Member of an ISO CASCO WG for the development of the new standard ISO/IEC 17065 (Certification of Products)
- Ongoing training and developing activities in the field of accreditation and certification in Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos, Nepal and Tunisia
- Establishment of a management system for an organisation working in the field of education
- Evaluation and optimisation of a conformity assessment scheme in the medical field
- Consultancy in the field of OD and Risk Management for a public organisation in the social field
- Teaching courses in the field of certification and labelling at the Zurich University of applied sciences in Zürich
- Ongoing training courses in the field of quality management in the tertiary sector for students (Professional college)
- Swiss representative in a European working group to develop a management system to support service excellence
- Member of the impartiality board of SGS Switzerland
- Member of the steering committee of the Certification body Confidentia
- Member of the board of (www.equalsalary.org)